Dealing with an officer

Dealing with an officer

Postby WizardofOzark » Fri May 01, 2015 11:07 am

I hear a lot of people coining the phrase "fuck the police" and generally disrespecting police officers on sight. I also see these same people get harassed by those police. It's very ridiculous. I am fully aware that many officers and even some entire departments are corrupt. This does not mean that ALL police are bad. It is very important to present yourself as a respectful and intelligent person when dealing with a police officer. The good ones will respect that, and treat you fairly. The bad ones will hate it and begrudgingly send you on your way.
Manners are key in these situations. Believe it or not bad cops love it when people ast like asses. Because it gives them an excuse to do what they want.
The worst part of this BS attitude that I see is that when I try to explain to people that it's a bad idea they say some of the most ridiculous things like "they can't do anything about it"..... Well legally they can, it's called verbal assault... and that kinda gives them an excuse for several other things. These people manage to get out of a situation because the cop they're dealing with is actually decent. I know this because that same cop simply runs my ID and leaves me alone. Then continues to lecture the person that's acting like an ass.
If people continue to act this way all the good officers that hate dealing with it will eventually quit and all the bad ones that are looking for excuses to bully someone will be the majority....
Food for thought :)

Re: Dealing with an officer

Postby FLU5CH » Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Well said, Never be rude or insulting to an officer, he could most certainly use it against you (depending on the type of person he is). Like you said, manors are key.
Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try and help to the best of my abilities :-bd

Postby SatansPlan » Fri May 01, 2015 1:14 pm

While I disagree with the idea that any police officer [i]can[/i] be good, and that they deserve respect, I think being cordial is the best course of action out of pure pragmatism. The police have the game rigged, so that any retaliation to their abuses gives them legal prerogative to destroy your life. It's important to pick your battles, and the best way to fight the police on a person to person basis is to calmly assert your rights.

The rules of conversation do not apply to the police however, because their sole goal in talking to you is to trick you into relinquishing your rights to not incriminate yourself and to be free from search and seizure (does not apply to civil asset forfeiture). Being polite isn't enough, for it's just [i]another[/i] way of making their jobs easier. I recommend the "Flex Your Rights" videos.

Raven Luna

Postby Raven Luna » Fri May 01, 2015 2:54 pm

When a person displays belligerence during an interaction any just cause will fall on deaf ears. There is no need to stoop down to the other persons level. Displaying anger tells ppl that you are out of control and unorganized. Using your skills in intellect, shows intelligence which allows you to be heard. Who would you listen to first, a person jumping up and down screaming obscenities, or the person who has their facts straight and is calmly confronting the issue?

Postby hales » Fri May 01, 2015 3:06 pm

A police officer is a person like you and i, just as impressionable as we are.

It's at the point that we see things for what they are, that other things start to make sense to us.

How can we look down on a police officer for being what he has been brought up to be.

We can only combat these types of things with the truth, and honestly, if we have not taken action towards "waking up" a police officer, we are just as guilty as he.

As Einstein stated "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."

Postby REAL » Fri May 01, 2015 9:18 pm

I know a few police officers in my city, one of them i even call my friend.

He is far from a bad guy, although he's a friend if i do something wrong he will "punish" me for it according to the law.

Ofcourse it doesn't mean that "bad cops" don't exist. But good and bad exist everywhere.
It's like + - it always will be like a fight between them.

They still are people like us, and it's true if you respect the person your talking to the chance they do same is extremly higher.

Respect has to come from both sides and if one side makes a slip the other one will follow.

It's in our nature as human with learning and training we can develop this skill.
But Nature has it's limits...

Site Admin

Postby AnonHQ » Fri May 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Here are 2 articles / videos on how to deal with Cops /police encounters: ... ncounters/

Postby Tupac » Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 pm

I agree,we also have to realize alot of these officers do believe what theyre doing is right and are really victims to our societal brainwashing.We are alot better off to try to open their minds and recruit them to our cause than to be combative and drive them further into the government racket.After all, lets face it they have us outnumbered and outgunned by a long shot at the moment.

Bad Cop, No Job

Postby LamontCranston » Sun May 03, 2015 9:01 pm

I'd like to see legislation passed in all 50 states that mimics child abusers from entering into sensitive positions.

For example, if an officer has a claim filed against him for greater than 10k worth of medical bills or property damage, and it can be shown that the officer acted in bad faith (criminal behaviour), then they are immediately decertified by the State police certification board, and are unable to work again in ANY state for 10 years. Their name goes on a "Bad Cop" registry to prevent any rehiring.

Families would be able to petition the courts for an evaluation of the evidence, and that outcome would be the basis of the decertification.

Any officer that applies for a position must have his name ran through this registry, much like teachers must pass a child abuse screen.

Any thoughts?

Elite activist

Postby PreXoR » Mon May 04, 2015 1:52 am

The first thing we need to do is stop demonizing the police force. The police became police because they felt a sense of duty to their community. They most certainly did not become police for a paycheck. That being said, they are already on our side and we just need to reason with them and the government to adjust all unfair laws.

Return to “AnonHQ”