Welfare payments

goldenamberly
Activist

Welfare payments

Postby goldenamberly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:05 pm

I recieve a pension, and the lowest one you can get even though I'm eligible for more. That's what I live off. I know an indescribably amount of people do too. It needs to change. We need to change it. Someone I know was taken off their pension (with no warning) that they live off for reporting an expense a few days late. It's time.

Th3_G4T3k33p3r
Activist

Re: Welfare payments

Postby Th3_G4T3k33p3r » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:57 am

Not to worry, got an op starting for your country in a few days time involving your welfare system there. Just need to get all my shit together, just got active again after a long period of absence. opOz is going to be awesome. :ymdevil:

JayneDoh
Activist

Re: Welfare payments

Postby JayneDoh » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:55 am

Now they will be drug testing those receiving Welfare, so far it is just a trial. 5,000 newly signed up members will be tested and given a three strike system.
A card to block cash withdrawals has also been put in place for those found testing positive (first rolled out for trial in mainly Aboriginal communities.) meaning you can only purchase what the government deems an appropriate purchase, alcohol is just one of the many things you will not be able to purchase with the card, along with cigarettes.
It is estimated that 10% of those tested will come back positive, the government is using that figure to show "the large number of drug users receiving government payments" rather than the fact that that means 1000 out of 5000 will test positive, thats 4000 that wont.

Now tell me this, when did the government get given the power to tell me what I can and cannot do with my money? When did the government get given the power over what is good for my health and what is not? This card, these drug tests, they are taking away are ability to make choices for ourselves.
I understand Welfare is the tax payer "giving you money for doing nothing" and that is why it is wrong that the money be spent on drugs, drinks or smokes but I wonder if we did the same to those who 'earn' their money, would they be okay with it? No they would not.

Being on welfare doesnt mean you just sit around all week, doing nothing, waiting to get some 'free' money. People on welfare suffer illness, cant find work, have children, have a disability, are retired or just not temporarily not fit to work are studying and cant afford the fees, have been kicked out of home or dont even have a home at all. YOU WOULD DO DRUGS OR DRINK OR SMOKE IF YOU WERE ON WELFARE TOO, BECAUSE ITS FUCKING STRESSFUL, UPSETTING AND HUMILIATING TO ACCEPT AND NOW THE GOVERNMENT HAS HEAPED MORE HUMILIATION ON TOP OF THAT.
//rant over.

Return to “Australia”